5 Reasons Why I Prefer Palawan Pawnshop over Other Money Transfer Services

I’m a returning and loyal client of Palawan Pawnshop.  Do you want to know why?

I’ve already been to lots of money transfer services and most of them didn’t meet my expectations.  Some have very rude clerks and others employed security guards who are not trained how to treat a customer properly.  Others, on the other hand, have unnecessary rules that make the lives of customers difficult, to the point of ruining their day.

I believe that money transfer services, aside from the obvious responsibility of keeping and safely transferring their client’s money, have to be very careful in handling their customers during transaction process.  Unfortunately, some of these money transfer service providers are doing the opposite.

Below are my reasons why I prefer Palawan Pawnshop over other Money Transfer Service providers.

5. They give reasonable consideration to customers – Compared to other money transfer services, it is only in Palawan pawnshop that I experience hassle-free transactions.  They only need one identification card to check your identity and you are good to go.  Others would ask you all sort of IDs and even require you to photocopy them for the sake of this and that.  They are more concerned to the customers’ needs than just being paranoid of being faked by someone.  Well, who would fake an identity just for the sake of getting PHP 500? I have this very bad experience in one local money transfer service that I blog in here.

4. Clerks and guards are customer friendly – I really, really hate going to these money transfer service providers who employed unfriendly guards and clerks.  They have this annoying attitude of checking you out as if you are a thief.  In Palawan Pawnshop, I am at ease doing my transaction because they are genuinely friendly and don’t have the habit of meddling with other people’s stuff.  The guards also don’t interfere with any transaction if his attention is not needed.

3. Quickest money transfer – Once your transaction has been processed, it will just take a few seconds and your money can be claimed already.  They have a centralized system that records all transaction in one database.  Once you send money here from Cebu, it will automatically reflect in their system, enabling their branch, for example in Manila, to know that you transferred this amount of money.  Your loved ones in Manila can then claim the money you sent.

2. Dual confirmation through texts – Once the transfer of money to a specific branch is done, you will receive a confirmation through text that your money has already been sent, and at the same time, the money receiver (i.e. your wife) will also receive a confirmation through text that someone has sent her money through Palawan and it is now available for claiming.  Also, after your money has been claimed, your will receive another text, confirming that the money you sent has been successfully claimed.

1. Very affordable money transfer rate – Compared to other money transfer services, Palawan Pawnshop has maintained lower and more affordable rates.  This is because in spite of promoting their services through very expensive advertisements, they choose to improve their customer service relations instead.

One thing that most businesses forget is that, their customers are their services’ or products’ best promoters.  It’s a shame some are relying on their millions of pesoses TV ads, and celebrities who haven’t even used any of their services.

Photo Credit: BSP

About the Author Agnes Embile Jimenez

Agnes is a full-time online freelancer. She's currently doing the things she loves while maintaining a frugal lifestyle. This blog is all about her struggles to live a frugal life, her quest to see the world via budget traveling, and her love to share to other people (via blogging) everything that she is passionate about.

Agnes does not absolutely conform to any beliefs or philosophies. Though she's writing about frugal living and is currently embracing the minimalist lifestyle, she doesn't want to define her existence based on these realities alone. For her, life is too diverse, too colorful, too mysterious. It would be a waste of experience (and time) to imprison herself to a few set of ideas. Google+ | Twitter

(Visited 1,656 times, 1 visits today)

44 Responses to 5 Reasons Why I Prefer Palawan Pawnshop over Other Money Transfer Services

1. Marlo says:

In the Philippines,I’ve searched that Cebuana and Western Union are the leading names in money remittances. The power of Ads is quite powerful. I’m curious about this Palawan Pawnshop, I think they really have that great customer service that made you loyal to them.

2. Youwdah says:

The tellers are indeed friendly and they offer the best rates. Plus, one doesn’t wait long for the transaction to be processed. Quick and friendly service, I must say :)

3. khardz says:

Palawan Pawnshop no need to Advertise to be a popular. Because Palawan Pawnshop is the number one when it comes to Money Transfer Services.. No need to compare to other Company because it is very much BIG DIFFERENT… Aside from that all the employees of Palawan Pawnshop have a good manner and knows the duties and responsibilities to entertain the customers/clients.. :)

4. RED says:

i agree…
    you cant tell the difference… you don’t have to worry kahit pa iba2 ung employees nla… ksi rest assured ka na all of them are friendly and accomodating…
    try and see the difference.
    d po sila pumili ng tao…
    they treat thier customers as a person, not as a source of income…

again… press freedom lang po…

5. Desert Punk says:

I believe that is a new Law that will come out regarding the compliance of the money transfer services this would include all money remittance service provider including Palawan Pawnshop. from your story it seems that they are not in compliance with the BSP regulation about AMLA compliance.

6. prince markiene says:

AGREE!! Palawan Pawnshop no longer needed those ads. Its the people itself that advertise them!!

7. i never had a transaction with palawan for the simple reason that they don’t have a branch here in my place but i will try to do at least one transaction to experience their service

8. kaloy says:

to Desert Punk…palawan pawnshop asks for ID before paying out remittances. they don’t ask their customers to photocoy the id’s because they do that on their own, i’ve seen their employees take a picture of my ID. now that’s basically the same but lot more convenient than asking for photocopies.

9. VIPER says:

i didnt see na may nagsabing d humihingi ng ID ang PALAWAN PAWNSHOP. Infact they’re also strict when it comes to higher amounts. nagiging makatao lang sila sa pag trato ng tao. they only give cosiderations in claiming small amounts. along with, we juz didnt know how many times nla bini verify ung transaction ng customer. wats with RA 9160? with all my money remittance transactions with PALAWAN PAWNSHOP, all their branches are posted with BSP stickers. so why do u think that their company is not complying with their policies?

10. Gen Mijares says:

Hi, Agnes.
    I’m looking for Palawan Pawnshop’s Mabolo branch. I was searching the net and I came upon your website. Where is your suki Palawan Pawnshop? I need to claim a money remittance ASAP. Thanks a lot! =)

11. ems says:

I didn’t notice Palawan Pawnshops being this good. Thanks for making your readers aware. Now I just noticed they have a lot of branches here in Manila.

12. Hi Gen. I used to send and receive money through Palawan Pawnshop Mandaue before. But now I’m temporarily living here in Toledo. Currently doing my money transfer transactions through their Toledo branch.

Their branch in Mabolo is located at 1821 M. J. Cuenco Avenue, Cebu City.

See other Cebu branches here – http://www.palawanpawnshop.com/Locations/Cebu/Cebu%20Area.html

13. neyah jaymelou says:

Salamat po.. PALAWAN PAWNSHOP EXPRESS PERA PADALA, HAPPY TO SERVE YOU..

14. Kemox says:

Sa dami nang money transfer dito sa baliuag eto lang ang pinaka hassle free lalo na kung minor age ka. I recently buy someting in online and kahit saang money transfer hindi ako tinaggap (im 16). So i decided kako na mag g-cash na lang at for the second time wala nanaman akong makita, ung ibang money transfer nag oofer din ng gcash kaso kailangan 18 ka parin!!! So for the third time nakita ko tong palawan pawnshop in our bayan. at nagulat ako hindi man lang ako hiningan nang I.D at ang pinakamaganda dito is 10 Pesos lang ang bayad para makapag padala ka ng pera via g-cash unlike LBC 51 PESOS!!! Grabee. 5 STARS PARA SA PALAWAN PAWNSHOP XD

15. nesyah says:

salamat sa pg support sa PALAWAN PAWNSHOP…
    ramdam nmin ang aming mga customer..my mga ok at merun dn hindi..pero part ng trabaho nmin n pgsilbihan sila ng tama at with extra care…at ang saya ng feeling na yong mataray or masungit mong customer mppngiti mu kc pg dting plng nila khit nkasimangot p sila pg nginitian mu nwawala na..yun ang PALAWAN PAWNSHOP.. we MAKE u smile!!!

16. heart says:

MATATAG’MAAASAHAN AT MAPAGKAKATIWALAAN yan ang PALAWAN PAWNSHOP

17. thour says:

magpapapadala ka na lang kailangan pa ba ng id??? tatanungin ka pa ba kung anong gagawin sa pera na ipapadala mo….???

18. monteeboy says:

very accomodating ba kanyo ang mga employee ng palawan pawnshop? try to pick-up money in v.luna cor anonas br napaka-rude ng teller nilang mataba don. inabot ng 15mins bago nakuha yung remittance, napakasarcastic nya sumagot. sana mabigyan ng lesson and employee na yun. ok lang na mabagal ang service basta magalang sana yung in-charge. ive tried to get her name kaso di nya talaga binigay.

19. sacrificial says:

^^^ That should be reported directly to PP management so they can take the necessary action. May Contact Us link sa website nila. Please write them your experience so they can investigate this at maparusahan yang baboy ba teller na yan

20. MissMary says:

I’d have to agree with this blog. I’ve had so many bad experiences with that other money transfer service (hello ML!) nakakabwisit! Yung tatay ko nagpresent ng PRC License niya as proof of identification sa ML, tatanong pa san daw niya kinuha yung ID na yun. Apakagago talaga. Since then, everytime magpapadala ako ng pera sa kanila, gusto niya sa Palawan, kasi mababait mga employees nila. Hassle-free!

21. marlon says:

….tama ang blog site na ito nang kumuha ako ng pera sa ML hindi pwede ang authorization letter pero sa PP pwedeng-pwede..

22. Ito isang hindi maganda sa Palawan Pawnshop. Hindi ko alam kung ito ay policy ng company o kagaguhan lang ng isand employee na pangalan ay Divina De Castro sa karangalan branch. Hindi tinangap ang ipapadala kong pera dahil old denomination notes na one thousand peso bills. Gusto yong new generation notes ng bangko sentral. Sabi ko hindi pa demonitized and bills na ito at ito ay legal tender pa. Sabi sa akin hindi na daw tinatangap ang mga iyon. May liability and taong ito for refusing to honor a legal tender of the Republic of the Philippines. I hope the management of the said company do something to this employee. She is a liability to the company. Hindi ko na tatangkilikin pa and palawan pawnshop dahil sa kanya, at alam ko marami pang nakaranas ng ganitong kagaguhan.

23. Julie says:

I agree with this post. Palawan is the fastest and the cheapest among others. I regularly send money to Aklan from Palawan’s Murphy QC branch. Palawan charges me Php70 for a Php2000 remit while others range between Php130-160. In one minute time, my mom can claim the money right away.

24. jerry says:

Salamat sa patuloy nyong pag tanagkilik sa PALAWAN PAWNSHOP..isa po ako sa mga empleyado…alam po namin na marami po ang may gusto sa palwana awnshop sa pag accomodate sa custumer ito po ay part ng aming trabaho..at sa lahat naman po na may experience na cla po ay sisupladahan ng mga teller or associates.pwide po kayong dumarikta sa aming customer service at ito po ay makikta nyo sa aming mga branch pwde nyo po sla tawagan para masabi ang inyonh hinaing…muli po.MARAMING SALAMAT SA INYONG LAHAT at naway magtulungan po tayo para sa iisang adhikain ng NAG IISANG MONEY REMITTANCE.MABILIS,MATATAG AT MAASAHAN…PALAWAN PAWNSHOP

• Kathrina Dayot says:

Pwede po bang malaman kung pwede mag pawn sa palawan ng necklace na worth 5thousand pero gusto ko po syang isangla ng 20thousand? Thank you

25. nicole arden says:

good morning, i just like to inform you the bad thing that happen to the jewelry i pawn to your pawn shop, PALAWAN PAWNSHOP BATANGAS BARANCH, i pawned my gold necklace w/ gold pendant, it was agreed that i pawned it together with the said pendant for the locked of the necklace was soldered.I just pawned it for only 6000 php. AFTER less than a month i collect the said jewelry and i was so surprise and angry because the necklace that i trusted to your pawnshop was detached. the lock (gold solder)was then cut. your staff told me that the accountant check the weight of the necklace without the pendant. Why you never inform me? I asked them to go with me and solder the necklace again, because i was in a hurry and couldn’t find jewelry shop that does repair, we found a jewelry repair shop and told me they can solder it 10k GOLD lead, i agreed, and got disappointed again coz i found out that it was just a silver lead. NOW TELL ME? SHOULD I TRUST PALAWAN PAWNSHOP, IT IS BETTER TO GO TO PAWNSHOP WHERE IN YOU CAN SEE THAT THEY SEALED YOUR JEWELRY AND ASKED YOU TO SIGN ON THE SEALED TAPE.RIGHT? THAN GO TO YOUR PAWNSHOP AND RECEIVE THE JEWELRY IN AN OPEN PLASTIC! I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED, VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!

26. Lerise Serra says:

just this morning i went to Palawan Pavia,Iloilo Branch to redeem my 18 K ring which i pawned last January, only to be dismayed my ring has been totally deformed and 2 cuts on each side.with dis alignment so obvious.my body trembled upon checking my item.i would like to cry because this ring is so precious to me.I went back to the pawnshop and aired my sentiment but of course they denied as expected. nobody in the business doing something wrong that would actually tell the truth am i right? I still have to check with my cousin today who is knowledgeable on this matter if it was replaced or just being cut. but one thing im sure my item has been touched with mystery.I am a loyal Palawan customer for years. and im sorry if i have to copy paste what Nicole Arden posted “NOW TELL ME? SHOULD I TRUST PALAWAN PAWNSHOP, IT IS BETTER TO GO TO PAWNSHOP WHERE IN YOU CAN SEE THAT THEY SEALED YOUR JEWELRY AND ASKED YOU TO SIGN ON THE SEALED TAPE.RIGHT? THAN GO TO YOUR PAWNSHOP AND RECEIVE THE JEWELRY IN AN OPEN PLASTIC! I WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTED, VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!”

27. nam says:

Does Palawan Pawnshop require to write your name when you are the Sender (obviously you need the real name of the recepient)? And if it does, can you not use your real name?

• insanity says:

@nam: yes you can use any name you want as a sender… i’ve tried that many times. you can even use your a company name, store name & alias. as long as you inform your receiver of what name you used. madali lang po yun makukuha basta po match ang details.

28. shirnel says:

ask q lng kng anong id. pde ipkita pgkukuha ng peras PP?..tnx

29. @shirnel

Just bring one valid id. also, don’t forget to ask the transaction code from the money sender.

30. Kathrina Dayot says:

31. merry says:

Thank you PALAWAN PAWNSHOP, very convenient po pagpadala ako ng pera sa PALAWAN PAWNSHOP.

32. Joy says:

Does Palawan pawnshop allows minors to send money?

33. kuskos says:

WHAT…??? Alias???? Company Name??? Authorization Letter… Naku po… walang security pera natin dito… BSP/AMLA should look at this..

• Mark II says:

Precisely what shocks me. Using aliases when sending money is, to easily put it, is a crime. And Palawan Pawnshop condoning it is a clear indication of condoning crime to spread. It doesn’t need a lawyer to analyze this. BSP says all Financial Institution should exercise “Diligent Effort” to “Identify” its customers by requiring them Identification Documents and having them (the institution) retain customers’ information. In this way, crimes such as those that “FUNDS TERRORISM” will not easily be channeled. What Palawan is doing is definitely not only a violation to pertinent laws governing them but also a campaign to duplicate and channel crimes – terrorism, scams and the likes. So if you want a better society, DO NOT PATRONIZE these types of institutions.

And yes, customer’s comfort and convenience is important. But not enough to neglect lasting safety and security from recurring crimes. And what the heck, their stores are like jails – so tell me where’s the comfort and convenience in there?

So continue campaigning the use of aliases and that will basically become a way of life of Palawan – condoning illegal activities. Don’t you know there are “Presidential Decrees Number 38 and Number 1829″ making the use of false names a criminal offense? And you Palawan is, well in this blog’s comments states, an accessory to it.

34. gwell says:

gusto ko lng po itanong if sa palawan pawnshop ba ay may age limit? tapos kung tumatanggap po ba sila ng school ID?

35. Terry says:

you are right pawnshops always puts the customers first and offers great service. Thanks for the post.

36. Jade says:

Hi, ask ko lang, pano po ba ninyo dinideal Yung mga scammers na receiver… May service ba kayo na pwede bawiin ng sender ang perang napadala na?? Please advice..

37. justin ray lopez says:

pd pb mapalitan kong nakamali ng address nung pera papadalhan?at kung ipapabukas na lng?

38. nel says:

What happen when my receiver did not claim all my remittance because of miss information.. She claim 3k but I remit 30k.. How I can refund or reclaim?

39. if it possible that my reciever can claimed it right away today?

40. Aliyah Jean says:

Hi. Pwede po bang magsend money ang below 18 years old? Ano po ang kailangan? Thanks. Need a reply as soon as possible. Salamat po.