[NOTICE: Date of the event is officially changed from 15th of October to 22nd of October due to some unavoidable occurrence. Kindly check the Event Page on Facebook for more details. ]
Calling all Cebu Cosplayers! Here’s another cosplay event that would surely liven up your otaku life – COSMOSIS, A Cosplay Shock Masquerade. Unmask your other self and show your truest otaku persona this 22nd of October (Saturday), 1:00PM to 9:00PM at the Atrium, Robinsons Cybergate. Spice up the Cebu Otaku Scene with your most shocking otaku costume. Click here to join the masquerade contest. Or, if you just want to watch the show, RSVP here.
Read the Contest Guidelines below.
Cosmosis Masquerade Cosplay Contest Rules & Information
You may join the contest if you cosplay a masked character from any source, including but not limited to anime, manga, video games, J-Rock or J-Pop, comic books, movies, television shows, cartoons, etc. Original costumes are NOT allowed, such as steam-punk, historical, or ethnic.
- Hard masks (inflexible) or soft masks (flexible) are acceptable. Hard masks can be made from paper mache, cardboard, PVC, wood or hard plastic material. Soft masks can be made from silicone, latex rubber, cloth, light-weight paper, soft plastic or even latex facial paint as long as it is non-toxic breathable and above all safe to wear. A combination of hard and soft materials is of course allowable. Masks that fully or partially covers the face of the contestant is acceptable.
- NO REGISTRATION FEE, NO ENTRANCE FEE WILL BE COLLECTED (Applies to everybody)
- Online registration starts today Thursday 15th September 2011 simply download the Registration Form using the link below. Fill in the required information and email to email@example.com with the subject “Masquerade Contest”.http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35099277/Cosmosis%20Masquerade%20Cosplay%20Contest%20Regitration%20Form.doc
- On-event registration starts Saturday 15th October 2011 from 10:00AM until 1:00PM at the Robinsons Cybergate Cebu Atrium. Look for the Information/Registration Booth.
- Craftsmanship judging is optional. Entries that do not participate in craftsmanship judging are not eligible for the Best in Show award. If you wish to participate in craftsmanship judging, you must indicate this on your Registration Form. Craftsmanship judging will take place in the Phantom Room.
- Submit your mp3, mp4 or audio CD (other sound file formats are discouraged) to the Information/Registration Desk on Saturday, October 15th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Any Mp3, Mp4 or Audio CDs must be made available after registration and submitted at the Information Desk on Saturday, October 15th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Any CDs not submitted after 2:00 pm will be disregarded. Flash USB drives are acceptable although not preferred. If the flash drive, iPod, Mp3 player, etc is lost it will not be organizers responsibility.
- Costume documentation is optional and most applicable to contestants who participated in making their own masks, costumes and/or props. Youth contestants under 12 years old need to supervised by a parent/older sibling/older relative or guardian.
- Human props or ninjas are allowed but up to a maximum of five members only. Human props or ninjas ideally should not wear masks. If you join as a main character/contestant you are no longer eligible to join as a human prop or ninja for another group/entry.
Cosmosis cosplay safety guidelines apply all throughout this event as well. Any prop weapons in violation of those guidelines will disqualify the entrant. Read the long version of the Guidelines here.