Ogie Alcasid, one of the most talented singer-songwriter in the Philippine entertainment industry, will be performing live at The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu on September 25, 2010, Saturday, 7pm.
Universal Records proudly presents Ogie Alcasid’s album release for 2010, “Ngayon at Kailanman : A Tribute to George Canseco”. Produced by Platinum producer Ito Rapadas, the tribute album includes the late master songwriter’s classics “Ikaw”, “Kung Ako’y Iiwan Mo”, “Kaibigan”, “Paano Kita Malilimutan”, “Ngayon at Kailanman”, the carrier single “Yakap” and many more. Listen to this treasure trove of immortal classics enhanced and beautifully interpreted by the soothing and emotional vocal performance of Ogie Alcasid. A truly inspiring tribute to the artistic legacy of George Canseco.
George Canseco was a prolific composer, lyricist, songwriter – one of the greatest the music industry has ever produced. He started writing songs when he was 20 and had written about 300 songs, some of these movie themes and ballads that are now considered OPM classics. Canseco’s music career spanned almost four decades and his compositions were interpreted by the country’s top recording artists like Basil Valdez, Kuh Ledesma, Sharon Cuneta, Regine Velasquez, Pilita Corrales, Dulce, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Leah Navarro, Martin Nievera among other top singers. Canseco received five Lifetime Achievement honors from Katha, the Philippine Association of the Record Industry’s Awit Awards and the Star Awards.
Ogie Alcasid has been in the entertainment industry of music, TV and movies for more than 20 years and still, he is consistently regarded as one of the most successful celebrities in the business. His compositions, whether sung by other singers or himself, are certified hits. His albums (20 all in all) have received platinum and gold certifications and all of his concerts here and abroad were sold-out, proving that many of the listeners and viewers love his brand of romantic music. Who can forget Ogie’s classic hits like ” Bakit Ngayon ka Lang”, “Nandito Ako” and “Sa Kanya”? Despite all the success and controversies he received and has gone through, Ogie has stayed as humble and prolific as ever. Ogie is a regular of GMA-7’s top rating shows like “Party Pilipinas”, “Hole In The Wall”, “Show Me Da Manny” and “Bubble Gang”.
“Ngayon at Kailanman : A Tribute to George Canseco” ALBUM PREVIEW : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvm1DZd9VBI
FOLLOW OGIE ALCASID:
FACEBOOK FANPAGE : http://www.facebook.com/pages/OGIE-ALCAS…7239832997
TWITTER : http://twitter.com/ogiealcasid
OFFICIAL WEBSITE : http://www.ogiealcasid.ph/
“Ngayon at Kailanman : A Tribute to George Canseco” Tracklisting :
1. Yakap (originally popularized by Junior)
2. Hanggang Sa Dulo Ng Walang Hanggan (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
3. Paano Kita Mapasasalamatan (originally popularized by Kuh Ledesma)
4. Kung Ako’y Iiwan Mo (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
5. Kaibigan (originally popularized by Anthony Castelo)
6. Siya Na Ba (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
7. Kapantay Ay Langit (originally popularized by Pilita Corrales)
8. Kastilyong Buhangin (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
9. Dito Ba (originally popularized by Kuh Ledesma)
10. Langis At Tubig (originally popularized by Sharon Cuneta)
11. Kahapon Lamang (originally popularized by Sharon Cuneta)
12. Ikaw (originally popularized by Sharon Cuneta)
13. Ngayon At Kainlanman (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
14. Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan (originally popularized by Basil Valdez)
Follow the procedure below to get an entry pass.